This homemade spicy bean pâté, topped with red onion and tomato salsa, is highly flavoursome, packed with fibre and easy to make!
- 1 (400g) tin of kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- water to bind
- salt and pepper
For the salsa
- half a red onion
- bunch of fresh coriander
- chopped cherry tomatoes
Method Prep:5min › Ready in:10min
- Put all the ingredients (not the salsa ingredients) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add water until a spreading consistency and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Salsa - Chop and mix all the ingredients and add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread onto one of our fabulous oatcakes and top with the salsa...enjoy!