Enjoy this low-fat warming Pumpkin Soup, served with our deliciously healthy wholegrain oatcake treats!
Stockan's Oatcakes are the perfect partner for soup. Made with the finest wholegrain oats and naturally high in fibre, making them a tasty and fantastic replacement for bread.
We served the Pumpkin Soup with an Orkney Beremeal Oatcake topped with a thin slice of Mexicana Cheese and Jalapeno and Red Pepper Houmous, with a Thick Oatcake for afterwards, topped with Pip & Nut Chocolate, Coconut & Hazelnut Butter and spooky icing!
Soup Serves 4 ~ What you will need
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1.2kg pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 x small packet of pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Spray non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the pumpkin ground cumin, chilli flakes and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Season well, add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover, lower the heat and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- Allow the soup to cool slightly, place in a food processor and blend until smooth. Stir in the coriander and ladle the soup into warmed bowls. Garnish each bowl with a some pumpkin seeds and a sprinke of chilli flakes if desired.
Our Orkney Oatcakes are widely available across the UK, with our Orkney Beremeal Oatcakes available in selected Sainsbury's stores in Scotland and Waitrose stores UK wide.