Breakfasts needn't be boring! We've topped our wholegrain Orkney Thick Oatcakes with the high protein and low-fat Icelandic yogurt, SKYR and stewed seasonal Scottish rhubarb.
Will top approx 4 to 6 Thick Orkney Oatcakes
- 400g rhubarb , trimmed and chopped
- The juice of 1 large orange
- 30g caster sugar or a generous squeeze of honey
- 1 x tub of SKYR yogurt, we used Graham's, the natural variety
- 1 x packet of Stockan's Orkney Thick Oatcakes
You could add anything you like to your rhubarb, ingredients such as, apple juice, fresh ginger and star anise work well too.
- Place the chopped rhubarb in a medium-sized saucepan with the orange juice and sugar, 1 tablespoon of water and the ginger. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the rhubarb is soft and cooked, but still holds its shape. Serve the rhubarb (warm or cold) with a large dollop SKYR yogurt on to a Stockan's Thick Oatcake. The rhubarb will keep in the fridge for three days....enjoy.