This delicious cheesecake is made with the unique Orkney Fudge and our very own Thick Orkney Oatcakes as the base! Thank you to our friends at Argo's Bakery for providing their amazing Orkney Vanilla Fudge.
- 250 g Stockan's Thick Orkney Oatcakes, crushed
- 75 g butter, melted
- 50 g Demerara sugar
- 300 g Orkney Vanilla Fudge
- 200 g cream cheese, (Philadelphia or similar)
- 600 ml double cream, lightly whipped
1. Lightly butter a 24cm springform cake tin.
2. Make the base by combining the Thick Oatcakes, demerara sugar and butter and pressing into the base of the tin.
3. Beat the cream cheese until soft.
4. Grate 250g of the fudge (you can also use a food processor) and tip into the cream cheese. Combine gently - folding in slowly - with the cream.
5. Chop the remaining 50g fudge and scatter over the top of the cheescake.
6. Spoon the cream mixture over the top and cover. Chill for at least 6 hours (24 hours if possible) before carefully decanting and serving in wedges.