This fresh bean salad is full of flavour and perfect for lunch or supper this summer. It's ideal for picnics too!
Mixed Bean Salad
Ingredients - will top approx eight Orkney Thin Oatcakes.
For the salad
- 1 x 400g tin mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed
- 50g of sweetcorn
- 50g chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime juice
- pinch of sugar
- couple of grinds of smoked salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
Mix all the ingredients for the salad and set to one side, then combine the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour the dressing into the salad and mix until all the ingredients are coated, place in the fridge to marinade for one to two hours, then serve on our delicious Thin Oatcakes, top with extra fresh chopped coriander if desired.
The salad will keep for three days in the fridge.