Joe & Seph's decadent products marry very well with our Thick Oatcakes and even more so with our luxurious cheesecake recipe!
- 250g Stockan's Thick Orkney Oatcakes, crushed
- 75g butter, melted
- 1 x jar of Joe & Seph's salted caramel sauce
- 1 x pouch of Joe & Seph's sweet & salt caramel coated popcorn
- 350g cream cheese, (Philadelphia or similar)
- 450 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- 2 x level desert spoons icing sugar (add to taste)
1. Lightly butter a 24cm spring-form cake tin.
2. Make the base by combining the Thick Orkney Oatcakes and melted butter, then press firmly into the base of the tin. Place in the fridge to chill.
3. Beat the cream cheese until soft in one bowl and lightly whip the double cream in another bowl.
4. Lightly fold the cream cheese and whipped cream together with the icing sugar and drizzle approx half a jar of the salted caramel sauce into the mixture.
5. Spoon the cream mixture over the top of the base and cover. Chill for at least 6 hours (24 hours if possible).
6. Before serving, decorate the top of the cheesecake with popcorn and drizzle over the rest of the sauce. If you prefer, you can gently heat the sause and pour over individual slices when serving!
* You can also use light cream cheese, a low fat cream, such as Elmlea and reduced fat butter for this recipe.