Made with either traditional or vegetarian haggis, this dish is perfect as a starter or a main!
These haggis bon-bons are coated in crumbed Orkney Thin Oatcakes, instead of bread crumbs, giving them a delicious and crunchier texture!
This dish is equally good with a traditional whisky sauce or a sweet chilli dipping sauce!
Ingredients ~ will make approx 8-10 bon-bons
- 1 x Simon Howie Haggis (meat or veggie)
- 1 x packet of Stockan's Orkney Thin Oatcakes finely crumbed
- 2 x eggs gently beaten
- Shape the haggis into individual balls, approx 1 inch/2.5cm in diameter, ensuring they are firm.
- Roll the balls in the beaten egg mix and then coat in the crumbed Thin oatcakes. Repeat egg and oatcake crumb for good covering.
- Ideally cook in a deep fat fryer at 170°C or deep fry in saucepan for approximately 2 minutes until golden brown. (Take care when using hot oil and always use a thermometer to ensure accurate temperature).
Serve with neeps and tatties or a side salad....enjoy!