These amazing Chocolate Coconut Truffles are given a fantastic texture and taste with our Thick Orkney Oatcakes
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 300g Stockan's Thick Orkney Oatcakes approx 1.5 packs (crushed into crumbs)
- 5 tbsp dessicated coconut - plus extra for decorating
- 5 tbsp drinking chocolate/Cocoa (Don't use instant, we used a supermarket own label cocoa)
- 75g butter
- Melt the butter gently in a pan, and when completely melted, remove from heat.
- Stir in the condensed milk until completely mixed, and stir in chocolate and coconut, again until completely mixed.
- Stir in the crushed Thick Orkney Oatcakes, about a quarter at a time. This makes it easier. Also, keep an eye on the mixture. If it is too stiff, don't add all of the oatcakes, if it's too loose, add a couple more. You should be able to roll it into balls.
- Roll into balls, makes around 20-24 bitesize balls but you can make them any size you like. Roll in the extra coconut and leave to set in the fridge.
It only took us about 25 mins to make these delicious truffles ....enjoy!