This highly flavoursome and simple topping, which is not only simple and tasty but high in Vitamins B6 and C, will also aid the fight against winter colds!
Timings are based on a good sized whole head of garlic!
- Peel the excess skin of the garlic and slice the top off and expose all the individual heads.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the garlic bulb on a sheet of tin foil and drizzle with olive oil and a touch or salt and pepper if desired and wrap the foil to cover the garlic bulb into a baking pouch.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes depending on the size of the bulb. The garlic should be soft and slightly caramelised.
- Once cooked, remove garlic by squeezing the cloves (be careful as they may be hot!) or as we did, use a teaspoon to remove the softened garlic, spread on a Thick Orkney Oatcake and enjoy! :)