No. All our oatcakes contain some wheat so are not wheat free or gluten free.
- Are your products wheat free / gluten free?
- Are your products suitable for vegans?
All our oatcakes are suitable for vegetarians
Our oatcakes without cheese are vegan approved -Orkney Thick, Orkney Thin, Orkney Beremeal, Mini Original, Mini Cracked Black Pepper
- What are the benefits of oats?
Oats are considered to be a superfood due to their numerous health benefits. As a high fibre, low GI wholegrain they work to slow your digestion and help to keep you feeling fuller for longer. This in turn can curb your cravings and promote weight loss.
They are high in protein, rich in vitamins and minerals and are recognised as a good source of energy to keep you going throughout the day. In additon, beta glutens contained in oats are believed to stimulate the immune system and have a proven effect in lowering cholesterol and preventing heart disease.
- Where can I buy your oatcakes locally?
- Look out for our products in a variety of farm shops, cheese merchants, delis, convenience stores and supermarkets across the UK
- Orkney Thick & Thin are sold in many Scottish Asda, Co-op, Morrisons, Sainsbury's, Tesco and Waitrose stores. Across the rest of the UK, you should find either one or both in selected Asda, Booths, Tesco and Waitrose stores
- If you live in the USA you can buy our oatcakes on Amazon.com or The Scottish Grocer https://www.thescottishgrocer.com/pages/oatmeal-and-oatcakes
- And remember all our products are available from our online Shop
- Are any of your products considered to be sugar free?
All our products contain a low level of naturally produced sugar that comes from other ingredients such as the wholegrain oats.
Our Orkney Thin is the only oatcake that contains 'no added sugar' in the recipe of ingredients. The rest of the range have a small quantity of sugar added.